I can appreciate that keeping up-to-date with Covid-19 guidelines is something we may be getting tired of, so I will keep this as concise as possible.
What is Phase 2?
Well the short answer is – not very different to phase one. In fact, for the Marina very little has/will change until Phase 3.
One clear question everyone is asking above all is; When can one get boating again?
You can now aim for the 15th July. This is provisional.
How does Phase 2 effect the Marina
- Admittance to the Marina is not available to customers out with the travelling zone. Approx. 5 miles of the Marina. PLEASE DO NOT BREACH THIS. It causes a lot of unwanted attention.
- The Marina Office Chandlery and Shop will remain closed.
- For those within the travel zone, access to the yard must be booked in via details at foot of page.
- For those within the travel zone, access to pontoons does not require a booking.
- Unfortunately, staying on your boat at the Marina is not permitted at this stage for anyone.
- Engineering and Yard operations are open but on a closed-door basis with limited staff.
- Boat launching has commenced.
- Engineering work will be prioritised for those vessels being launched.
- Please adhere to social distancing.
We request you follow the Scottish government advice closely.
Elements included in Nicola Sturgeons announcement included:
- People should continue to stay in their local area (broadly within five miles) as much as possible and should not travel further for leisure or recreation.
- Indoor, non-office workplaces, such as factories, may re-open from 29 June (following relevant guidance).
- Street-access retail can re-open from 29th June (following relevant guidance). Interiors of shopping malls/centres remain closed for non-essential shops until Phase 3.
- Re-opening for pubs and restaurants using outdoor spaces will be further reviewed and an update will be provided in 2 weeks.
- Wearing of face coverings will become mandatory on public transport from 22 June.
See link for further info from RYA. https://www.rya.org.uk/scotland/representation/Pages/Return-to-Boating.aspx
To book yourself into the Marina during lockdown please provide a minimum of 24 hours’ notice.
Please email: [email protected]
- Name of boat attending.
- Time of arrival.
- Time of departure.
- Purpose of visit.
Any responses to this email if you could kindly send them to [email protected].
Thank you for all your patience. Myself and the rest of the team look forward to seeing you all in the near future.